Please be welcomed to join us for these on-line Healing Circles, and other offerings as they are scheduled, to assist in supporting your journey.
There’s nothing quite like our signature three-day cancer retreats. We offer individuals affected by cancer time to reflect and explore the physical, emotional and spiritual challenges of their diagnosis. Through group sessions and activities such as yoga, meditation, poetry and art, our compassionate faculty provide self-care tools and practical resources to facilitate healing and wellbeing. Caregivers and companions are welcome. Thanks to generous donors, lodging, meals and curriculum are provided at full scholarship.
Please only enroll if you are able to attend all three days of a cancer retreat. Partial attendance is not permitted. Our retreats primarily are held mid-week, only a small number are held on weekends throughout the year. We offer our retreats mid-week so that we can offer our facilities to rental guests, and that income assists in keeping these retreats offered at a full scholarship to you!
Notice: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Harmony Hill is suspending registrations for our Cancer Retreats until it is safe to resume them. You are welcomed to join our email list and complete a Cancer Retreat Interest Form which will allow us to invite you to apply in the future. If you are currently enrolled in a retreat, our program staff will notify you of any changes to your registration.
A Harmony Hill Cancer Retreat is right for you:
- If you have been diagnosed with cancer and you are under the care of a health professional.
- If you are able to walk short distances (or pivot transfer to a golf cart without assistance).
- Provide your own transportation to Harmony Hill.
- If you have not attended a Harmony Hill cancer retreat previously.
- Because your companion is also welcome.
- Because you can afford it. Harmony Hill provides cancer retreats at no charge. (There is a $25 application processing fee for each application submitted).
Agreements you make in deciding to apply to attend a retreat:
- Participate as fully as your health allows in the various retreat offerings.
- Plan to attend the full retreat which starts at 11:00 am on the first day, and completes at 3:00 pm on the third day.
- Companions will participate with their primary participant as fully as their health allows.
- Recognize that each person’s choices around treatment, wellness, spirituality, and healing are unique and diverse.
- Everyone attends with a respectful acceptance for the spiritual beliefs of others, without any attempt to proselytize others.
- Everyone attends with a heart and mind that is supportive, but not trying to fix others or promote a particular treatment modality.
The application process for each person – participant or companion:
- Complete the registration form via the link above. (This will trigger a welcome email with links for the full questionnaire.)
- Complete the full questionnaire. (This is where you’ll indicate your preferred dates.)
- If you need a waiver for the application fee, please email us at email@example.com
Disclaimer: Harmony Hill is a non-medical retreat center. No medical assessment or treatment is provided by Harmony Hill staff, faculty or volunteers during any of our retreats or programs.
Metastatic Cancer Retreat
Metastatic cancer is one which has spread from the primary site of origin into a different area(s) of the body. Because metastatic patients face a unique set of emotions and challenges, we created this retreat for them to be in community with others on a similar journey of hope and healing. Caregivers and companions are welcome. Thanks to generous donors, lodging, meals and curriculum are provided at no cost.
In 2017, 28 percent of Harmony Hill cancer retreat participants (excludes companions) had metastatic disease. All are welcome in our General Cancer Retreats; those with metastatic disease now have an additional option to consider.
Hospital Sponsor Cancer Wellness Circles
Living with cancer is an ongoing process, and a sense of belonging can make a big difference. Individuals can now access health and healing, meaning, and connection to life, at no cost — right in their own communities thanks to our hospital sponsors.
Each month, we come together as a welcoming community of support, learning, and healing. Skilled facilitators share new tools and resources to increase personal wellbeing through interactive group discussions, journaling, expressive arts, and much more. Developed as a yearlong wellness program for cancer patients, survivors, and companions, we invite participants to join at any time.
- Mindfulness in Everyday Life, Treatment, and Beyond
- Stress Response
- Reframing Our Thoughts and Beliefs
- Growing with Emotions
- Self-Expression as a Form of Healing
- Relationships and Communication
- Healing Grief, Loss, and Disappointment
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Self-Compassion, Honoring and Celebrating Our Journeys
- Healing Our Relationship with Our Bodies
- Building Resilience
Below is a list of Online Cancer Wellness Circles by location. Please email or call the below contact to be provided with an online link for the program.
Mason General Hospital
When: 4:00 pm-6:30 pm, Second Wednesday of each month
Where: Zoom meeting or conference call
For Registration Contact: Kathy Mattheis, Patient Navigator, MGH firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 432-7706
When: Third Thursday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Where: Zoom Meeting or conference call
For Registration, Contact VM Social Workers either: Kathryn Swingle, email@example.com or
Kelly Christensen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Grief & Loss Retreat
This retreat is offered to anyone who has lost a loved one to cancer. Through activities designed to help individuals express grief and loss in a safe and caring environment, our compassionate faculty will share meaningful coping resources to facilitate wholehearted healing. Thanks to generous donors, lodging, meals, and curriculum are provided at no cost.