WHAT TO EXPECT AT A RETREAT
Harmony Hill retreats offer individuals a respite from the stresses of daily life with a cancer diagnosis in a nurturing environment for the mind, body, and spirit. Through small group sharing sessions and other activities such as gentle yoga, meditation, poetry and art, our compassionate faculty, staff, and volunteers provide tools, activities and practical resources to help facilitate healing and well-being. Harmony Hill promotes healthy self-care but does not advocate or promote any model of medical treatment. Spirituality is often a strong thread of conversation throughout a retreat and is approached in a non-sectarian manner.
Accomodations & Meals:
- Shared rooms (double occupancy) and baths are the standard accommodation. Some of the rooms have an attached bathroom and some have a bathroom in an adjacent hallway. Participants with a support person will be roomed together.
- You will enjoy primarily vegetarian meals. Dietary requirements and allergies can be accommodated, but food preferences cannot.
Disclaimer: Harmony Hill is a non-medical retreat center. No medical assessment or treatment is provided by Harmony Hill staff, faculty or volunteers during any of our retreats or programs.
IS A 3-DAY CANCER RETREAT FOR YOU?
We believe that there is definitely a time when it’s right for people to come, some of the most common reasons people want to come are:
- Cancer is hard, and we all need a community that understands what we are going through.
- You want to learn ways to live more fully in the life that you have.
- You long to just pause, take stock, and breathe.
- Because, if you have a caregiver, they need support too.
Metastatic Cancer Retreat
All cancer diagnoses are life-altering; for some, that news includes a possible life-threatening or life-long experience. The conversations and community that are built at every cancer retreat are strong enough, and compassionate enough, to hold even the toughest subjects, but some metastatic cancer attendees wish to be in a community of their peers and the companions who support them. For them, we have designated a retreat only for those who are experiencing metastatic cancers and the people who love and support them.
If you have a metastatic cancer diagnosis, we encourage you to come to the earliest available retreat. But if you wish to be among a group of peers, you are welcome to come to the retreat we set aside to create a unique opportunity just for people living with this serious level of illness.
Our Metastatic Cancer Retreat will be held on October 24-26 (Tue-Thu), 2023.