WHAT TO EXPECT AT A RETREAT
Harmony Hill retreats offer individuals a respite from the stresses of daily life with a cancer diagnosis in a nurturing environment for the mind, body, and spirit. Through small group sharing sessions and other activities such as gentle movement, meditation, poetry, and art, our compassionate faculty, staff, and volunteers provide tools, activities, and practical resources to help facilitate healing and well-being. Harmony Hill promotes healthy self-care but does not advocate or promote any medical treatment model. Spirituality is often a strong thread of conversation throughout a retreat and is approached in a non-sectarian manner.
Accommodations & Meals:
- Shared rooms (double occupancy) and baths are the standard accommodation. Some rooms have an attached bathroom, and some have a bathroom in an adjacent hallway. Participants with a support person will be roomed together.
- All meals are included. Limited accommodations can be made for gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian only. Other food preferences or specialized diets cannot be accommodated; however, a fridge is available for your use.
- Meals at our Union, WA, location are primarily vegetarian. Other locations will include animal proteins in the meal service, with limited options for vegans.
Disclaimer: Harmony Hill is a non-medical retreat center. Harmony Hill staff, faculty, or volunteers provide no medical assessment or treatment during any of our retreats or programs.
IS A 3-DAY CANCER RETREAT FOR YOU?
We believe that there is a time when it’s right for people to come. Some of the most common reasons people want to come are:
- Cancer is hard, and we all need a community that understands what we are going through.
- You want to learn ways to live more fully in the life that you have.
- You long to just pause, take stock, and breathe.
- Because if you have a caregiver, they need support too.