Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Full-time, non-exempt, with benefits
$18 – $20 hour / depending on experience
Harmony Hill Retreat Center is a beautiful environment with a meaningful mission; Inspiring healthy living for all and transforming lives affected by cancer. Located in Union, Washington, just an hour outside of Tacoma on Hood Canal, we provide holistic retreats for people with cancer, their families, and caregivers, as well as healing retreats for professionals who are in the business of caring for others. In addition, we welcome people to enjoy our stunning space for their wellness retreats, corporate retreats, family reunions, and many other fun events. We are looking for an experienced professional who aligns with our values and is dedicated to continuous improvement of our organization.
Bookkeeping and Human Resources Assistance:
• Coordinate all deposits
• Scan and send documents to off-site bookkeeper
• Submit employee payroll hours to payroll company semi-monthly
• Assist in the recruiting, onboarding and orientation of new employees
• Assist in managing employee benefits and business insurance
• Manage rosters, org charts, business name badges and business cards for staff
• Order supplies and maintain inventory for Administration and Hospitality
• Manage office equipment, including supplies and maintenance
• Answer phones and route incoming calls or take messages and relay promptly – monitor and maintain voice mail system
• Manage mail; including retrieval, sorting, and distribution of incoming mail and posting and daily drop off to post office of outgoing mail
Hospitality / Community Relations Assistance:
• Answer routine questions and provide basic information regarding Harmony Hill and its programs and rentals; route more detailed or complex questions to appropriate Programs or Guest Services personnel
• Work with CRM database, NEON; input donations, generate reports
• Assist with fundraising mailing
• Manage thank you letters and acknowledgments to donors and volunteers
Executive Director Assistance:
• Assist with updates for policies and procedures
• Attend and take Board minutes – keep board records
• Maintain Board and staff rosters
• Accept special projects for ED, as needed
• Provide general administrative assistance to ED
• Attend and assist with Harmony Hill special events
• Participate in departmental and “All Staff” meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to speak, read, write and communicate fluently at a professional level in English
• Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines; manage competing priorities; and maintain high standards for productivity and confidentiality
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer relations skills, both written and verbal
• Self-starter with organizational, time management and critical thinking skills
• Flexible to work all shifts as required, which may infrequently include extended hours as dictated by organizational scheduling needs
• Able to attend and remain at work regularly and adhere to all policies and procedures
• Able to bend, reach, stoop, walk, climb stairs, and balance, as well as to work in a sitting position for extended periods up to and including a full work shift; capable of moving and lifting 25 lbs occasionally and up to 40 lbs infrequently
• Current Washington State Driver’s License; reliable transportation and valid insurance coverage
• Must pass criminal background check
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Cheryl Sesnon, Executive Director
Housekeeping and Hospitality
SALARY: $15.00 /hour
JOB TYPE: Part-Time / Seasonal (Must be flexible with work schedule as shifts may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
LOCATION: Union, WA on Hood Canal
ABOUT HARMONY HILL:
Harmony Hill Retreat Center has openings on our heart-centered team! Harmony Hill’s mission is to inspire healthy living for all and transform the lives of those affected by cancer. We are a non-profit retreat center offering renewal and coping tools to those affected by cancer, as well as group retreat facilities and workshops encouraging healthy living and wellness. Join our Guest Services team and help to provide our guests with the high-quality experience they’ve come to expect at Harmony Hill.
This position includes greeting and assisting guests during their stay at Harmony Hill. Duties may include but are not limited to, ensuring proper set-up, servicing/hosting, tear-down, and clean-up before and after groups and guests arrive and depart. Also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and comfort of guest rooms and common areas.
Excellent customer service skills and reliable transportation required.
Commercial housekeeping or cleaning experience preferred.
Must be able to regularly lift 25 lbs and occasionally up to 40 lbs.
Must be able to stand for extended periods, possibly for an entire work shift.
Must be able to sit, bend, crouch, walk, negotiate stairs, push/pull, lift, carry, grasp, reach, taste, and smell.
Must have a good working knowledge of English.
Employment contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Interested Candidates should email Sheri Saari, Guest Services Director.