Hospitality & Kitchen Staff Job Openings
To apply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions we are accepting applicants, but hiring will not be effective until we re-open our campus.
Position Title: Housekeeper/Hospitality Associate
Harmony Hill Retreat Center has openings on our heart-centered team! Harmony Hill’s mission is to transform the lives of those affected by cancer and to inspire healthy living for all. We are a non-profit retreat center offering renewal and coping tools to those affected by cancer, as well as conference facilities and workshops encouraging healthy living and wellness. Join our Guest Services team and help to provide our guests with the high-quality experience they’ve come to expect at Harmony Hill.
This position includes greeting and assisting guests during their stay at Harmony Hill. Duties may include but are not limited to, ensuring proper set-up, servicing/hosting, tear-down, and clean-up before and after groups and guests arrive and depart. Also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and comfort of guest rooms and common areas. Excellent customer service skills and reliable transportation required. Commercial housekeeping or cleaning experience preferred. Part-time. Must be able to work all required shifts, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to regularly lift 25 lbs and occasionally up to 40 lbs. Must be able to stand for extended periods, possibly for an entire work shift. Must be able to sit, bend, crouch, walk, negotiate stairs, push/pull, lift, carry, grasp, reach, taste, and smell. Must speak/read/write English fluently. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Salary: $13.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-Time / Seasonal
Position Title: AM Cook
Reports to: Chef, Sous Chef
Status: Part-time, Hourly
Commercial cooking experience is required, and culinary training is highly desired. Experience with restricted diets and vegetarian/vegan options preferred but not necessary. This is not an entry-level position but rather an opportunity to bring a personal culinary perspective to the position. The primary role of the AM Cook is to work both independently and as a team to produce the highest quality product in an expeditious manner for both the breakfast and lunch meal periods but also for other special events on occasion. It is important for the AM Cook to have a strong set of culinary and customer service skills in order to provide the best guest experience possible.
- Execute proper food preparation procedures to maintain a high quality and consistent product
- Uphold and demonstrate food quality and safety standards and procedures
- Work independently and as a member of a team with other front-line staff to expedite food quickly and accurately
- Creative input on menu items
- Work for long periods in a potentially hot environment while standing, lifting, turning and/or bending
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment properly
- Participate in proper set-up and break-down of all stations
- Adhere to all work rules, policies and procedures as set forth by Harmony Hill, including but not limited to those contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend staff and management meetings as requested
Required Work Experience, Ability or Training:
- Previous experience in a commercial cooking capacity
- Previous experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Current Washington State Food Handler’s permit or the ability to obtain one
- Excellent tenure at previous jobs
- Reliable transportation
- Must pass Washington State background check
- Flexible to work all shifts as required, including evenings, weekends and possibly holidays
- Able to bend, reach, and stoop, as well as to work in a standing position for extended periods up to and including a full work shift
- Capable of moving and lifting 25 lbs regularly and occasionally up to 40 lbs