Ensure the Legacy & Mission of Harmony Hill
Every memorial and planned gift helps support Harmony Hill, and it’s heartening to see the effects spread like ripples across smooth waters. The healing benefits of your gift are magnified well beyond those who visit Harmony Hill. If you are considering naming Harmony Hill in your estate plans when you update your documents, we thank you for joining with us to help ensure the future of Harmony Hill and its mission.
Every year we serve more than 1000 survivors and caregivers through our cancer program offerings. The healing effects of our program extend to the alumni’s children, friends and family. When the cancer experience is transformed from fear and grief to hope and community, supporting and surrounding loved ones benefit as well. Our cancer programs directly serve thousands, but the positive healing extends to tens of thousands.
YOUR WILL: HOW TO NAME HARMONY HILL IN YOUR ESTATE PLANS
It is important to schedule a meeting with your attorney and add the correct legal language to your document when updating your will. If you wish to name Harmony Hill in your will or estate plan, we should be named as:
Harmony Hill of Union, a nonprofit corporation, organized and existing under the laws of the state of Washington,
with the principal business address of 7362 E State Route 106, Union, WA 98592.
Our tax identification number is: 94-3050703
Date of Incorporation: July 13, 1987
HAVE YOU ALREADY NAMED HARMONY HILL IN YOUR WILL?
If you have included Harmony Hill in your estate plans, please let us know your plans! You can contact us at toll-free at (877) 920.1070 or at (360) 898.2363. Please feel welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank you for your generous commitment to Harmony Hill.
We are glad to provide you and your adviser with suggestions to assist you in your planning. However, we cannot provide tax or legal advice, and we encourage all of our donors to obtain their own independent and professional advice.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE WHEN YOU UPDATE YOUR FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
Did you know that you can set aside even a part of your 401(k) or life insurance policy as a gift to Harmony Hill? It’s very easy to do. Here’s how:
1. Ask your fund manager or human resources department for the beneficiary form.
2. You name Harmony Hill as a beneficiary of all or part of your 401(k), life insurance policy or other qualified account.
3. You return the form to your fund manager or Human Resources department. We hope you will let us know about the gift, so that we can thank you.
4. If you are naming us as a beneficiary of your 401(k), there may be an additional step. Please for details.
LIFE INSURANCE: NAMING HARMONY HILL AS BENEFICIARY
You can name the Harmony Hill as primary beneficiary of your life insurance policy or as contingent beneficiary should your other beneficiaries not survive you. You can also donate your paid-up life insurance policy.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Provide now for a future gift by naming Harmony Hill as beneficiary of a policy insuring your life.
2. At death the benefits pass to the Harmony Hill free of federal estate tax and are applied to the program designated by the donor.
• Execute this estate planning strategy with little paperwork. Change your mind and beneficiaries at any time.
• Claim an income tax deduction.
• Remove an asset from your potential gross taxable estate, saving on taxes in the future.
• Make a significant gift from income instead of capital.
• Gain personal satisfaction in providing for the people and causes that matter to you most.
A LIFE INSURANCE GIFT MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
• You are a younger donor who wants to make a significant gift.
• You have an estate that won’t have substantial assets to distribute to non-family members.
Again, we are so grateful for your generous commitment to Harmony Hill.