JOIN US! Harmony Hill volunteers, friends, and partners are an integral component of achieving our mission to inspire healthy living for all and transform the lives of those affected by cancer. Volunteers support various programs and operations, including: administrative assistance, beautification of grounds and gardens, guest services operations, special events, kitchen support, facilities maintenance, technology and web support. It truly does take a village and we need you! Become a steward of Harmony Hill today…
The Harmony Hill Volunteer Program provides an opportunity for past participants, local residents and visitors to spend a day in this special place and give back at the same time. The personal interaction between volunteers, visitors and staff provides a lasting, rewarding and memorable experience for all.
Current volunteer opportunities include
- Guest Services: Help visitors enjoy a meaningful experience during their Harmony Hill visit. Assist Guest Services team with operations including guest parking, registration and housekeeping. Assist with outreach efforts to promote awareness and understanding of the Harmony Hill mission.
- Special Events: Join us on-site to volunteer for one of our annual Special Events including the GALA or Union City Festival.
- Administrative Assistance: Support Harmony Hill staff in the office. From answering phones, to assisting with clerical and organizational tasks to managing the Harmony Hill gift nook, we promise, you’ll never be bored and we have the most fun office around!
- Kitchen Help: Help the culinary team cook up the most nutritious and nourishing meals by volunteering in the kitchen. Whether it be doing dishes or cleaning up the dining hall, you will help contribute to making the guest experience memorable while also feeding your soul.
- Gardening and Grounds: Calling all “Green Thumbs” and aspiring gardeners alike. If you enjoy being outside and getting your hands dirty, we need you! Help keep Harmony Hill grounds and gardens blooming with beauty.
- Facilities Maintenance: Help maintain and improve Harmony Hill’s historic buildings and grounds. Assist staff with many of the day-to-day maintenance repairs and projects including: painting, building, and power washing.
- Photography: Document a variety of the retreat center events, celebrations, scenic vistas, flora, and fauna. We are looking for individuals proficient in understanding lighting conditions, aperture, and shutter speeds to capture the moment via a digital SLR camera.
- Technology/ Web Support: Join us behind the scenes by offering technological support and skills. Assist Harmony Hill staff with web support and explore social media opportunities.
To become a Harmony Hill Volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form: