Juice up your morning with this daily Vitamin-C ritual:
When you wake, treat yourself to a cup of hot water and lemon juice! Jumpstart your digestive system, increase metabolism, flush out toxins, balance pH and promote immunity with this alkalizing routine.
Hot Lemon Water
- Simply boil a cup of water.
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze juice into water.
- Drink on an empty stomach. Water should be as warm as you can handle it without burning your tongue.
- I use a citrus juicer to squeeze a large batch of lemons then freeze several pint jars of juice so I always have backstock ready to go!
- If you get into the routine of drinking this every day, be sure to drink it through a metal straw to save the enamel on your teeth.
Benefits of Drinking Hot Lemon Water
- Boosts immune system
- Improves digestion
- Removes toxins from the blood
- Keeps skin clear
- Controls blood sugar
- Stimulates brain and nerve function
- Balances pH: Even though lemon is an acidic food, once it is metabolized, it has an alkalizing effect which promotes healthy cell function and creates a less hospitable environment for viruses and bacteria.